The following are representative of some beliefs hyper-calvinists may hold.
Most classic Calvinists reject as deplorable the following destructive beliefs:
- that God is the first cause and author of sin and of evil
- that men have no will of their own, and secondary causes are of no effect
- that the number of the elect at any time may be known by men
- that it is wrong to evangelize
- that assurance of election must be sought prior to repentance and faith
- that men who have once "sincerely" professed belief are saved regardless of what they later do
- that God has chosen some races of men and has rejected others
- that God does not command everyone to repent
- that the sacraments are not means of grace, but obstacles to salvation by faith alone.
- that saving faith is equivalent to belief in the doctrine of predestination
- that only Calvinists are Christians (Neo-gnostic Calvinism)